Council Street And Park Tree Maintenance
We all love walking and sitting under the cool shade of a large tree on a hot day. AUTS has helped Councils develop and implement street and park tree maintenance programs that allow the community to enjoy the trees whilst maintaining the public safety, this proactive approach to managing the urban forest is the best. Our staff love a challenge and in the tree industry, the challenges are come in all shapes and sizes.
Some of the more unusual projects include:-
• Working on Scotland Island, Pittwater
• Pruning dead fronds of 10 meter tall palm trees growing on the 19th floor of an office tower in the Sydney CBD
• Creating access tracks through Ku-Ring-Gai National Park
• Tree maintenance at the Lodge, Sydney Harbour
• Removing tree saplings from heritage listed properties
• Tree pruning and removals on Cockatoo Island
• Lifting fallen trees off houses at 2 am using a crane, after a storm event
Our Current Council Clients Include
Vegetation Management Around The Electrical Network
Maintaining safe clearances around the electrical network is essential for providing public safety and a reliable electrical supply to our homes. Most blackouts are caused by tree branches contacting the electrical network.
AUTS maintains a systematic approach to ensuring that the vegetation in our contract areas is providing the best outcomes to our clients and the residential power consumers.
AUTS works closely with local Councils and community groups to provide information regarding our pruning program. Councils in turn, provide important information regarding prominent tree specimens in the local area and we actively encourage open communication to resolve individual issues.
Civil and Infrastructure Projects
AUTS has a long history of working on large scale projects across Sydney. Our arboriculture expertise along with our planning and compliance strategies have enabled us to complete complex projects on time and within budget. Some of our more recent work includes:-
• Vegetation removal from Taronga Zoo to enable the creation of new animal enclosures
• Installing tree protection measures for a row of large Fig trees on the Barangaroo project, Millers Point, Sydney. We also complete various pruning over an 18 month period to maintain tree health while the construction work continued.
• Initial tree pruning and removal works along the Devonshire Street section of the Sydney Light Rail project.
• Continued tree maintenance work along the entire length of for the Sydney Light Rail project.
• Tree pruning and removal works for the Westconnex roads system.
The above work was competed using a wide array of plant and equipment and involved working in both day and night conditions.
Private Residential work
Our business journey started over 50 years ago, providing tree pruning and removal services to residents in the lower north shore of Sydney. Over these years we have seen continued advancements in understanding the maintenance requirements of our urban forest.
Climbing Arborist teams
Our climbing arborists are highly trained and the skills they poses allow them to carry out their work in safe and systematic way. They are at total ease high in the tree. Utilising the latest climbing techniques and equipment Our friendly ground crew work support the Climbing Arborist on the ropes to lower all the branches safely to the ground. This requires a high level of skill and precision.